Wedding Date and Location Confirmed
Our Wedding Date is set for May 29th, 2010, at The Strathmore Music Center in Rockville, MD
I wanted to make it “blog official” and tell everyone that we have set a wedding date and found the perfect place.Â I went with my parents back in January to sign the contracts but forgot to update it on our blog.Â Back in January, we had our fair share of hard times in securing the place on the right date, but when we finally did it turned out to be great.Â We originally were thinking March, but now the wedding is in late May. The weather will be beautiful and the flowers will be blooming as well as the trees will be green for an outdoor ceremony.Â Also May 29th is Memorial Day weekend, which I think is a good thing. We will have a lot of people from out of town coming in and this way they can make the wedding weekend into a long weekend.Â We will just have to inform everyone early (by word of mouth, this blog, save-the-dates and invitations) so plans don’t collide.
Some of the “pros” of having our wedding at the Strathmore Music Center:
- Metro accessible, from Grosvenor-Strathmore Metro Station
- Free parking with a covered sky bridge to Center
- Located right off of the Beltway
- Great location close to Washington, D.C.
- The place is gorgeous, modern yet classical appeal (View the pictures below)
- Soaring 65 foot high glass wall and tall ceilings give an open and airy feeling for the reception
- Terrace for the ceremony overlooks an 11-acre site of greenery
- Inside and outside options for ceremony, just in case of rain I will have a beautiful “plan B”
- Offers catering with on-site chefs and kitchens
- Enough space for a separate cocktail hour
- Striking built-in bars with granite counter tops
- Bridal Party Suite/Dressing Room: large enough for the people who perform there
We think Strathmore Music Center is so beautiful inside and out. We know this place will provide gorgeous backdrops to our photos and decor.Â Below are some stunning photos of the Center which don’t give it half the credit of seeing it in person!Â With all the visits I have taken to the Strathmore Music Center I have not seen it laid out for a wedding yet with tables and a dance floor. We asked the Catering Director when the next wedding is taking place and if we could drop by for a couple of minutes before the wedding to check it out. He said yes and we going to visit it on May 23rd of this year!Â Which is perfect because it will be within the same time frame as our wedding next year.Â It will give us an idea of the weather, the timing of the sunset for pictures, when to start the wedding, and especially the look of the foliage around the Strathmore Music Center.